Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Side-tracked While Waiting --

Not much that I can do in the wargaming sense while getting ready to move into a new house in three weeks . . . so I've allowed myself to get "side-tracked".

One of the things that I have "somewhere in storage" is a bunch of painted 1/144 World War One planes. We used to play a somewhat modified version of "Fly or Die". Well, while surfing the net, I came across a very interesting website:

http://www.eaglesmax.com/

"Canvas Eagles" is another WWI miniature air battles game that has grown out of the old "Blue Max" boardgame. The rules can be downloaded for free from the above website and look pretty good.

So, while I have no intention of abandoning or delaying my work on my Saxe-Bearstein troops, Canvas Eagles may allow me to host a good participation miniatures game well before I have enough troops painted for a "Wars for Arcadian Glory" game to be hosted.

Besides, it is fun to think about. I've already thought of campaign mechansims, etc. . . . the great drawback, of course, is that they don't wear tricorns.


-- Jeff

3 comments:

marinergrim said...

Great minds and all that Jeff.......

I was browsing the web and ran across these the other day;

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/wwminis.html

and they really took my fancy too.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Hi Jeff - you may want to check out

http://www.youplay.it

..as well - you can play Blue Max there for free, "correspondence style" ie. make your move and then check back every now anad again - once everyone else has moved the turn is refreshed. I've been playing for a while there now....

Snickering Corpses said...

Nothing wrong with a distraction while waiting on things in the larger project. I've been spending much of my time before the RSM figures arrived working on my WW2 organization for Operation Warboard and I Ain't Been Shot, Mum.