Sunday, September 16, 2007

Niggling Computer Woes --


Sorry for the lack of posts the past two weeks. As you may know, I recently changed my computer's operating system from Windows XP to PCLinuxOS.

Well, while the two "main programs" that we use (browser and email) are the same, EVERYTHING ELSE is a different program. Two in particular are causing me headaches.

The first is the built-in FTP program -- which would allow me to update my website -- it doesn't have anything in its "Help" files . . . and I haven't figured out how to configure it yet.

The other program is the built-in graphics program. I had been using Paint Shop Pro 6 (quite an old program version); but this new program "thinks" differently. Yes, I know that the program doesn't really think . . . but the logic behind it is quite different. It is obviously much more sophisticated, but I have not yet figured out how to make it do what I want it to do.

Finally, of course, our friend Stu, who helped us install this new operating system, is on vacation in the U.K. through the end of the month . . . *sigh*.


-- Jeff

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi there Jeff,

Hope you get you computer challenges sorted out soon -- I miss reading about the goings on in Saxe-Bearstein and Stagonia. . . especially the lead-eating dogs!

Enjoy the day,

Stokes

MurdocK said...

P.O.R.

'nuff said.