Monday, September 24, 2007

[off-topic] New Display Case --

Well, what can I say, my wife insisted that I buy it. Anyway, this weekend I put a deposit down on a lovely mahogany display case for my figures. It is about 83" tall by 65" long and 16" deep. There are three sliding glass "levels", each with two shelves. It is gorgeous!

Once I can get my "basement" game room cleared out, we will get a carpet cleaner in to steam clean the carpets (they could really use it) and then I'll get the cabinet paid off and delivered. Then I'll have the "big problem".

"What big problem?" you ask . . .

The problem of deciding which armies get the better "eye candy" placement on the shelves . . . but you can rest assured that there will be tricornes placed on the best shelves. I'm excited!


-- Jeff

7 comments:

MurdocK said...

WOO HOO!

Looking forward to seeing that case!

marinergrim said...

I wonder if having superior quarters for the troops makes them want to perform better on the tabletop? Of course there is the option of telling the troops (what do you mean you don't talk to them?) that if they don't fight bravely on the field they will be reassigned quarters to the cardboard box!

Nice move Jeff. Photographs please!

Bluebear Jeff said...

Paul,

I can't take any pictures yet since the cabinet is still at the furniture store. Furthermore, I've yet to get everything cleared out for the carpet cleaners . . . although I've made a great start on it.

Perhaps it is because my troops HAVE BEEN living in "cardboard quarters" that they haven't done as well as I'd hoped (although so far I've prevailed in both "Tricorne Wars" battles that I've played).

Anyway, pictures are still probably a couple of weeks away . . . if I'm lucky.


-- Jeff

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Jeff - nice to see you back online and very jealous of the cabinet - all my stuff is in cardboard boxes, and I'd dearly love to get them out on a shelf, and where they don't get dusty...! PS. tricorne's will feature again soon - thank you for your forebearance while I stoke the "tanky" flames! :o))

old-tidders said...

Good quarters for your troops will hopefully improve their performance - don't mollycoddle them too much.

My troops live in cardboard boxes but get regular visits to the display shelves.

-- Allan

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello there Jeff,

Terribly envious of your shortly arriving display cabinet. What a wonderful problem to be faced with!

Best Regards,

Stokes

Fitz-Badger said...

Sounds cool. I'll second (sixth?) the request for pictures once you get it set up.